Part of us going to Vegas over the weekend was not just for the concert,
that weekend also commemorated the one year anniversary of our first date
and our six month wedding anniversary (ok, ok, it was mostly just for the concert).
Nevertheless, it was fun to remember our first date.
It feels so weird that it was over a year ago; I still remember it so vividly:
- Our first date was at Camaron's friend's wedding reception (all the way in Casa Grande).
- When Camaron came to pick me up, he was a little afraid to meet my dad because he thought he'd be a scary businessman or something. I was alone when he came to the door. I quickly explained that my dad couldn't come to the door because he was in the kitchen making salsa with his shirt off.
- Camaron wore really tight grey pants and I was wearing a new floral summer dress.
- I was secretly really self-conscious about my hair because Camaron picked me up in a convertible.
- We listened to What Laura Says in the car.
- It was the first time I met Alex and Kelsey (along with a lot of other friends of Camaron's).
- We danced to a Taylor Swift song.
- Camaron was the videographer, and I gave him some ideas for different shots he could take at the reception, and he ended up using them in the video:)
- Even though Camaron was filming for most of the night, I never felt alone or neglected.
- Jokingly, I asked Alex when he and Kelsey would be getting married, then he asked about when Camaron and I would be getting married. I thought I'd be funny by answering, "December."*
- I had left my purse in the middle of a table that ended up being filled by a bunch a strangers, so Camaron was nice and went over and got it for me.
- We ate a lot of candy from the candy bar.
- We stopped by Kelsey's on the way home for hot chocolate.
- We then went to a game night at Chris H's house and played Apples to Apples.
- At the end of the night, Cam asked what I'd be up to that next week, and I had to break it to him that I'd be gone for the next 2 weeks as a counselor at EFY.
Who would have known that a year later we'd be taking pictures
to see what our first child would look like?
*We were married December 18th