I'd like to introduce you to one of the cutest bloggers (who also happens to be a sponsor on this here blog). Jessica is so adorable and blogs over at Swenson Love. I got to know her better through doing a blog design for her. Love her style and cute little family:) Swenson Love is full of DIYs, gorgeous photos, and tons of inspiration. Be sure to check it out!
1. It's summertime! Do you have any fun trips/plans for this summer? YES YES YES!!! I have TWO siblings getting married this summer in Portland, my husband's family reunion at Lake Tahoe and a lot of boating, swimming and camping have been planned!
2. What things do you look for when you choose a favorite blog to follow? I usually look for blogs that have the same interests and themes as my own: mommy, fashion, craft/diy blogs are my favorite (aren't they every body's!)
3. Which blogs do you follow most/inspire you most? My daily reads (besides yours of course *wink*) are BlueBird by Miss James, Little Almanac by Kendra, Rockstar Diaries by Naomi, The Daybook by Sydney, and for me the most inspiring is The Wiegand's by Casey. She often brings me to tears and gives me goose pimples. She is amazing!
4. I love the native american theme of your blog!* Where did it come from? Have you ever seen a real buffalo? Thank you! You did an AMAZING job designing it for me! I am half Native American (my mother is full and my dad...isn't any. HA!) I LOVE my heritage and really try to embrace it. I have seen a buffalo! I have touched one and...I've even eaten one. It was very tasty.
5. It's just about halfway through 2012 now (crazy, I know), How are you doing on new year's resolutions? Any big plans for the second half of 2012? Um...resolutions?? HA! Seriously though, I didn't do resolutions this year. Is that lame? I just wanted to make this year better than last (which was pretty amazing) and so that has been my only goal.
6. How/when did you start blogging? I started blogging about four years ago. I started a blog mostly for my parents. I left home for collage over 800 miles away from them so it was a perfect way to keep them up to date with my life. I made my blog public this past January and I am so glad I did! I have LOVED getting to know other bloggers over the past 6 months!
7. I love your photos on your blog. What kind of camera do you use? Any photo/photoshop tips? Aw thanks!! I have been quite obsessed with photography since I was a little girl. I use a Canon Rebel EOS. It's a great camera! I have loved it! My number one photography tip would be TAKE YOUR CAMERA OFF AUTO! You will spend a lot of time Google-ing and YouTube-ing at first on how to shoot using the Manual setting but it is so worth it!
8. Tell us a bit about you and your adorable family:) Oh man...where to start and how to end! Well, I married a boy named Mick, he is pretty amazing! I didn't want much to do with him at first but he was quite persistent and I fell in love with that and him. We dated for a little while and got married about 11 months after our first "hang-out/date". We were married in Portland and made a baby about a day or two later in Mexico. We got back and I thought I had picked up a parasite because I was just so sick and all food made me vomit. It was just a baby though. WHEW! HA! Getting pregnant so soon after we were married wasn't in our plans and has been a bit of a struggle at times but it has ended up being the best thing to happen to us! We love our little man! His funny personality and love for bread and rap music just brings SO much joy to our lives and we can't imagine life without him.
9. I loooove your shop. How did you get into sewing/fashion design/being super cute? HAHA! I started sewing when I was about 6 or 7. I would make barbie clothes out of toilet paper and string so my grandma gave me some scrap fabric, needle and thread. I taught myself to sew and for my 14th Christmas my parents bought me a sewing machine (which I still use). I have been sewing on a daily basis. My Etsy shop has been a wonderful success so far and I am so grateful and humbled by it!
10. What are your favorite posts to write on your blog (crafts, family, events...) ? Well, if you were to go through my blog it is 95% about my Kenny boy. He is my life and I LOVE being his mama! I've been trying to branch out and post about other things I love like fashion, recipes and craft tutorials.
*That statement wasn't meant to sound like I love her blog that I designed. Not giving myself props here, people.
I just meant that I loved the theme of her blog (which is all her, not me)