These are not fancy photos, by any means. But when I am only taking pictures on the DSLR, I tend to over-plan, then end up missing a lot of little moments. So I've been working harder on capturing more of the little moments. Plus, it's fun to send Camaron little updates throughout the day while he's at work:)
* At Target, Fox was so excited about the tiny carts they now have, that there was no way I could say no to letting him push one around. He would pause he and there to add random items to his cart. It was so funny seeing some of the things he had in there (cups, candy, decorations...). I was so relieved that he was cool with us not buying any of the stuff in there.
* I love it whenever Fox requests to paint/color/draw/anything artsy. Lately, he's been big on painting with one of my watercolor sets from when I was a kid. The colors are very vibrant and I'm loving everything he's been creating with them. He's really into painting circles right now (and he's gotten quite good).
* Confession: sometimes we bribe Fox with chocolate chips to get him to take his nap. This is the result of one of those times (melted chocolate in his hair). Oops.
* "Daddy?" Fox phone calls are the best phone calls.
* I had the amazing opportunity to go to a book signing and Q&A with Gabrielle Blair from Design Mom and Jenny Komenda from Little Green Notebook. Gabrielle just published a beautiful book all about design, family, kids, fun, everything good. She is such an amazing person. I loved her insight on, well, basically everything. Both of these ladies are tops.
* We went to Peter Piper Pizza last weekend with my aunt and cousin and had a blast.
Fox loved getting to hang out with Cousin Alyssa (and spiderman).
* Fox is now officially summer-ready. And good thing too -we're going to the beach next week (!!!!!), and Fox is taking swim lessons this summer (!!!!)
* I finally remembered to buy some tiny hair ties last time I was at the store, so Sloane's hair seems to now be constantly in pigtails. Especially since Fox is always requesting it. Today he kept asking if he and Sloane could have bowties. And I was so confused. Bowties pasta? No, Then he finally re-worded his question and said "hair ties." Silly kid wanted me to "give Sloane tails" (wording from his request the day before:)
* If I take my eye off Sloane for more than two minutes, this is where she always ends up: in the kitchen, surrounded by all of our ziplock and garbage bags. Pulling them out has quickly become one of her favorite activities. You'd think by now I would move the bags to somewhere else, or put a lock on the cupboard ...but look at that smiley face!
Have a great weekend! I hope we get to do something extra fun outside, because the weather has been fabulous lately! Thank you scorching summer, for holding off just a little bit longer.